That’s true; you often can’t prevent pets from reaching your beds, sleeping, and playing, which does affect mattress hygiene and maintenance. Cleaning mattresses, no matter you have kids or pets, is crucial, especially the pesky stains and urinary odor.
If you are kids or pet parents, then deep cleaning the mattress within regular intervals is a must. Don’t stress much if your bed has dust, stains, and a bad smell. It can be cured as a lot of products are available to invest in.
Here in the blog, we will take on ways to eliminate unpleasant urine stains from mattresses.
Things You Needed To Clean Urine Stains From Mattress:
- Dry cotton towel.
- Spray bottle.
- Baking soda.
- Enzymatic or chemical cleaner.
- Any essential oil (optional).
- White vinegar.
The Step-to-Step Guide To Remove Urinary Stains From Mattress:
- Remove and Wash: Clean all removable mattress essentials like bedsheets, toppers, pillows, cushions, and blankets. Wash them or let them give dry cleaning, as whatever is required. This will make them bacteria-free and completely clean.
- Clean The Urine Or Blot Up Quickly: Yes! Just blot the urine on the mattress with tissue or a cotton towel. You can clean it if i’s fresh as the towel will soak up the excessive urine. Good is to press the towel or tissue on the urine area gently. Avoid rubbing it back and forth, as it can help urine soak-spread in the mattress.
- Make Vinger Solution and Spray It On Urine Stain: This is a homemade mattress cleaning solution, which is effective, of course. Mix white vinegar and water in a 50/50 portion in a spray bottle. You can also add a few drops of any favorite essential oil. Pour or spray this solution on a urinary stain over the mattress.
- Let The Solution Sit On Stain And Blog Again: Let the solution sit on the mattress’s urine stain for about 5 to 10 minutes. Now blot it up again with another clean towel or tissue. Make sure the entire area is well coated with the solution; if it still feels stained or smelled, repeat it.
- Sprinkle Baking Soda On The Stained Area: Now, use baking soda to get rid of the urine smell from the mattress. Sprinkle it and let it rest on the mattress for about 8 to 10 hours to absorb the smell and leave urine moisture. Good is if you let baking soda overnight.
- Vaccum The Mattress: Use vaccum cleaner to grab all baking soda. This will also remove unseen dirt particles on the mattress and clean it deeply. Repeat the process if needed.
- Dry It Naturally: If possible, you can place the mattress outside for sundry; otherwise, fan dry is also good. The natural drying of the mattress in sunlight will also make it bacteria-free, moisture-free, and prevent mildew-mold growth.
Other Things You Should Try To Keep Mattress Clean and Maintained:
- Use a waterproof mattress cover.
- Clean or vaccum mattress regularly.
- Don’t let pets’ urine on the mattress; train them well.
- Make sure the pet is clean and well-groomed.
- I have a budget that can have a pet-cleaning mattress service.
The Bottom Line:
Mattress hygiene is essential as it will give good and healthy sleep. Moreover will also prevent skin allergies, rashes, itchiness, and breathing issues. If your mattress is not that sagged and old, then, of course, cleaning them regularly is good. Change for mattress topper covers, bedsheets, pillow covers, and other stuff. What are you need, a new mattress?
Why don’t you explore for reliable yet Cheap Mattresses in Noida and NCR region? Visit the genuine Sleepwell Mattress Supplier in Noida and get the best offers on the mattress variety you want. Hey! Whatever pick is your in mattress, just don’t forget to check for Sleepwell Nexa Mattress Price. Maybe it can surprise you with its good quality, comfortable and budget-friendly rates.